This file aswidsagenta.exe belongs to the AVG antivirus, however it’s not a malware or virus. Find how to disable/uninstall it if it is consuming cpu memory. Avast Software Identity Protection Service Agent A or aswidsagenta.exe is a software component that you can get into your computer with Avast Antivirus or AVG Antivirus. It is a part of the real-time process monitor called Avast Behavior Shield of Avast freeware security program. The purpose of this file is to keep your system safe from new types of malware that might have been previously undiscovered.
What is Aswidsagenta.exe?
Aswidsagenta.exe is an executable file that is located in a subfolder of C:\Program Files even though it is not a core Windows file. If you have Avast Behavior Shield, AVG Software Analyzer or Avast Free Antivirus installed on your computer, this file may already be a part of your system. This file is not required for the working of your machine.
ASwIdSAgentA Full Form Avast Software Identity Protection Service Agent A
Although, Aswidsagenta.exe is not a virus or malware, but if it is not located to its default location, then you should scan your computer and consider below steps.
As said above, this file is not particularly harmful, but being an executable file, it can be a source of some nasty viruses and malware. There may be a possibility that this file may have been a virus stored in the antivirus program and could have been installed in your system. If your system contains an aswidsagenta.exe file that has been corrupted, you are likely to be bothered by pop-ups and auto navigation to malicious websites. If you still continue to ignore it, it may bring greater threats in form of malware that are designed to sneak in to your private files and possibly steal your personal information.
File Location and file size
The default location of aswidsagenta.exe is C:\Program Files with 7,430,992 bytes to 7,538,536 bytes.
The exact file location is C:\Program Files\AVG\Antivirus\
If this file is present at any other place, means its a suspicious file and and user needs to check it immediately.
Note: Avast acquired AVG antivirus in 2016 for $1.3B – source, so you might find aswidsagenta under AVG directory.
How to remove Aswidsagenta.exe?
If this file is causing troubles with your system like redirecting you to unknown websites or opening up pop ups repeatedly, the first thing is to check for the location of the file. If that is located in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, it is most likely to be a threat that you should get rid of as soon as possible.
Also, if you find that Aswidsagenta is consuming much cpu resources, then you might consider below options to get rid of.
There are many ways to remove the file from your system.
Common Aswidsagenta.exe Error Message
Following are common errors that you might see on your Windows system:
- aswidsagenta.exe file is missing
- aswidsagenta.exe not found
- aswidsagenta.exe failed to load
Removing the AVG tool
You can uninstall and re-install AVG program from your computer to get this issue resolved. To do it follow the given steps
- Open https://share.avg.com to download the AVG Clear tool. Once you open the link, the download will start automatically.
- After the AVG Clear tool is downloaded, run it and find User Account control dialog. Click on it.
- Next, go to Windows safe mode dialog and click on No.
- Select the version of AVG that is installed on your computer and uninstall it.
- Click on Restart computer.
- After the computer has restarted, you need to download the AVG Remover tool using this link.
- Run the remover tool using the instructions that are displayed on your screen when you open the tool.
- Let your computer restart again.
- After the rebooting is done, open C drive to find AVG Remover. Delete the file from the system.
- Next, find AVG in Program files (x86) in C drive and delete it as well.
One your computer is clean, you can again download Avast antivirus from the official link.
There are other alternate methods that you can also use to remove aswidsagenta.exemanually from your computer.
- Open control panel and open Programs.
- Find Program and Featuresand go to Uninstall a program.
- Select Avast and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer.
- Press Win+ R key to open Run
- Type control panel in the window and hit Enter.
- Go to Programs and click on Uninstall a program.
- Locate AVG, hit right click and click on Uninstall.
This will completely uninstall the AVG antivirus and thus, aswidsagenta error message won’t appear again. However, don’t forget to install any other good antivirus software.