When it comes to choosing the Bitdefender, I can say that the it’s one of the best free antivirus available for the home user. Today, the Bitdefender is one of the most popular anti-malware and antivirus software in the world. By 2018, they have more than 500 million users all across the globe. It is one of the most dependable software for protection from a number of threats like spyware, spam stuff, social media privacy hacking and web security threats apart from providing overall protection from most potential viruses and malware.
There are two versions available for this software- the Bitdefender Antivirus and Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Bitdefender Antivirus is the free version of this software while you have to pay $19.99 or around Rs 1,645 for the paid version which is Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. The paid version of this software is also available in Windows Protection and Total Security variants.
Features of Bitdefender Free Antivirus and Plus Paid Edition
The free version of Bitdefender antivirus provides a large number of services to its users for a free software, but still there are a few things that you will miss in it if you have already used the paid version. Both free and paid version of Bitdefender Antivirus provide complete Windows, Andriod and Mac protection. This will not only provide you security but will also boost up the performance of your system.
Let us look at all the available features in Bitdefender Antivirus, both free and paid versions.
- Intelligent Antivirus – This feature is designed to detect all potential threats from web browsing and block them automatically.
- Advanced Threat Defense – This is a behavior-based technology that is able to detect all new kinds of threats and viruses by studying and analyzing their online behavior.
- Web Attack Prevention – This system can detect a harmful website and warn you if you land on it.
- Anti Fraud – This protects you from all sorts of phishing and transnational as well as other frauds whenever you are online.
- Automatic Update – Once the Bitdefender antivirus is installed, then you don’t have to worry about regular update. It has the auto-update option enabled by-default.
- Anti-Phising – Now, it is possible to keep your password in safe hand while browsing internet. The Bitdefender offer Anti-phishing features which is available in both free and paid version. It can easily sniffs and blocks thousands of phishing websites without disturbing you.
Features available in Bitdefender Antivirus Plus paid version
Here are the features that you will miss in Bitdefender Antivirus free version:
- Multi-layer Ransomware Protection – This feature is designed to protect your system from encryption by hackers or cyber criminals by providing it security on multiple levels. If your system is infected, then make sure to chose only the best anti-ransomware.
- Free Online Support – You can get online help from professionals at Bitdefender for all of your system related issues anytime with the paid version of the software.
- WIFI Security Advisor –With this feature in Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, you can have an access to the security of your Wi-Fi connection and router, no matter from where you are connecting.
- Online Banking Protection – This feature works with employing Safe-pay which is a software that is specially designed to secure all your online transactions to protect you against online theft and hacking of your passwords and card details.
- VPN – This new feature can encrypt internet traffic from your online browsing everyday for maximum security. You can however use it only for one device and the maximum data limit for encryption per day is up to 200 MB.
- Password Manager – This saves your passwords, credit card number and other sensitive information securely in an online safe vault and gives you easy access to it in forms of hints and stored information whenever you need it.
- Search Advisor- This feature scans all the results that come up with every search you make and marks the results that are not safe to open to ensure that your system is not exposed to any harmful website.
- Vulnerability Scan-In case of a virus threat, you can scan for all vulnerable files in your system with one click using this feature of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.
- File Shredder- It allows to you delete all bad and harmful files permanently from your system without leaving any trace of it or the threats that it may have brought.
- All Operating System protection – The paid total security version antivirus can also be installed on Mac OS, Android and iOS, which is missing in free version of Bitdefender.
The free version of Bitdefender antivirus is available for home users. If you browse internet frequently then the free version also offer basic protection from online threat as well. Thus, if you are looking for basic protection then this will take care of your system security.
- Free Antivirus for Windows
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus cost $19.99 for 1 system / 1 year.
This comparison shows that Bitdefender Antivirus protects your system from most of the viruses, malware and other threats even if you are using a free version. However, by switching to Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, you can get an all-round protection with its unique features that are designed to protect your passwords, data and even transactions.Even though the free version is not a bad product at all, making some investment for your own security and purchasing the complete version can surely prove to be a better choice.