World’s most popular Microsoft Outlook is a email client that comes by default with windows Operating System. If you want to disable or simply Deactivate then follow this simple easy process for Windows 7 and 10. Microsoft Outlook provides the users with an email system within the Microsoft Office setup. However, if a user already has his own mailing system, he/she may open up more space on his computer by disabling Microsoft Outlook.
Easy steps to Deactivate Microsoft Outlook Express
Through the following steps, one can disable the Microsoft Outlook on Windows XP, 7 and 10:
- Click the “start” button on your desktop. Go to “Control Panel.”
- Choose “Programs and Features” from the list of applications in the Control Panel window.
- Open the list of currently installed programs. Right click on Microsoft Outlook. Select “Change”.
- Choose the “Add or Remove Features” options and click the “Continue” button.
- Click on Microsoft Outlook from the list of Office programs and select the “Not Available” option.
- Click on the “Continue” button. Click “Close” to complete the process.
Also learn how to stop iphone to download automatically here in detail.
Alternative method to Disable Outlook Express
1. Click on the “start” button. Choose the “Settings” option, and open the “Control Panel.”
2. Click on the “Internet Options” button.
3. Go to the drop-down menu next to the “Email” title. The default should be set at “Microsoft Office Outlook”.
4. Scroll through the drop-down menu and find the program of your preference. Select that program.
5. Open your Web browser, and select the “Options” or “Internet Options” menu located under the “Tools” tab.
6. Click on “Programs”, and then select “Internet Programs”.
7. Select “Set Your Default Programs.” Change the email setting to the program of your choice.